Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
At UP Health System – Portage, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Our visitation policy is as follows:
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per stay, including one companion for ambulatory appointments.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry, and will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility. Visitors are encouraged to help us preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear their own mask if possible.
- Visitation hours are from 10 am – 8 pm daily.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors are NOT allowed in the Emergency Department at this time. Exceptions include - a parent/guardian of a minor and when it is necessary to support the care of the patient.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
As a reminder, PortagePointe continues to have a no visitor policy at this time.
Signage is posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these restrictions and guidelines. To view our current hours and points of access into the facility, click HERE.