Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Limited Visitation Restrictions
At UP Health System – Portage, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community and follow state and federal guidelines as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients.
Effective Tuesday, May 25, 2021, UP Health System - Portage will be allowing limited visitation as follows:
- One well visitor for adult patients in the Emergency Department
- One well visitor for adult patients coming for a procedural appointment (operating room, endoscopy, interventional radiology, etc)
- Two well visitors at a time for inpatients. Visiting hours are from 9 am-7 pm.
- Two well visitors at a time for patients coming to an Outpatient appointment.
- Two well visitors for pediatric patients.
- PortagePointe continues to have limited visitation restrictions.
Loved ones are welcome again.
It's been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.