Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Limited Visitation Restrictions
At UP Health System – Portage, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community and follow state and federal guidelines as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Effective Friday, January 29, 2021, we will be allowing one well visitor per stay. Visiting hours will be from 9 am - 3 pm.
Limited Visitor Guidelines
- Visitors are not allowed for patients in isolation including those who are under observation for suspected or test positive for COVID-19.
- All designated visitors with approval to enter the facility are required to wear an appropriate mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear an appropriate mask or face covering, you may be denied entry into the facility.
- Visitors are not allowed in the Emergency Department. Exceptions include – a parent/guardian of a minor and when it is necessary to support the care of the patient, a single visitor will be allowed.
Screening Guidelines for Visitors
We are continuing to perform a health screen for all individuals entering our facility. We must deny entry to those individuals who do not meet the evaluation criteria.
The evaluation criteria include:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting.
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
Hours and Access
- The main entrance to the hospital is open from 5:30 am – 8 pm, Monday – Friday, and from 8 am – 5 pm Saturday – Sunday.
- The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We want to reassure our communities that it is safe to come to the hospital should you or your family need care. As a large regional hospital serving the residents of the Upper Peninsula, we are continuing to provide the necessary care our communities need.
For up-to-date information, visit www.CDC.gov. You can also visit our website and view up-to-date COVID-19 information for UPHS – Portage at PortageHealth.org/covid-19-information.
PortagePointe continues to have a no visitor policy at this time.
Signage is posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these restrictions and guidelines. To view our current hours and points of access into the facility, click here.