Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
At UP Health System – Portage, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective Monday, June 8, 2020, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per stay, including one companion for ambulatory appointments.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility. Visitors are encouraged to help us preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear their own mask if possible.
- Visitation hours are from 10 am – 8 pm daily.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
As a reminder, PortagePointe continues to have a no visitor policy at this time.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.