Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
At UP Health System – Portage, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Effective Tuesday, January 19, 2021, visitors will not be permitted into our inpatient unit. Our previous limited visitation hours for inpatients of 10:00 am - 8:00 pm will be suspended until further notice.
Visitors will only be permitted into the inpatient unit if they are:
- Necessary for the provision of medical care or to exercise the power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual currently admitted to the inpatient unit;
- Accompanying an admitted inpatient specifically at the time of discharge to assist with the process and/or post-procedure. Routine visiting will not be permitted;
- One support person with the patient in the Family Birthing Center, including one certified doula or midwife during labor;
- A parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual under 21 years of age who is under the facility's care;
- Visiting an individual under the facility's care who is in critical condition or hospice care;
- Visiting under urgent circumstances or for the purpose of performing official government functions;
- Able to wear an appropriate mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear an appropriate mask or face covering, you may be denied entry into the facility.
- PLEASE NOTE: Visitors are not allowed for patients in isolation including those who are under observation for suspected or test positive for COVID-19.
Limiting the number of visitors in our inpatient unit is in the best interest of our high-risk inpatient population at this time. Every effort will be made to utilize other means of communication between patients and family.
As a reminder, our visitation policy for those not currently staying in our inpatient unit is as follows:
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per stay, including one companion for ambulatory appointments.
- All approved WELL visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry, and will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility. Visitors are encouraged to help us preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear their own mask if possible.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
PortagePointe continues to have a no visitor policy at this time.
Signage is posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these restrictions and guidelines. To view our current hours and points of access into the facility, click HERE.