When: Sept. 23, 2013 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Where: Michigan Tech Lakeshore Center, Conference Room 123
What: On August 2, 2013, for-profit LifePoint Hospitals agreed to form a joint venture with Portage Health, in which LifePoint will become an 80 percent owner. The contribution agreement, and other transaction documents may be viewed at michigan.gov/portage. Because the Attorney General protects charitable assets under Michigan law, Portage Health and LifePoint Hospitals have made the Attorney General’s review a condition of the transaction.
This community forum will: 1) Provide the public with an overview of the proposed transaction; 2) Outline the Attorney General’s review process; and most importantly, 3) Provide the public an opportunity to comment and ask questions. Representatives of Portage Health and LifePoint Hospitals will attend to listen and respond to public comments.
- Overview of proposed sale
- Overview of the Attorney General’s review process
- Public comments / questions
- Comments and response to questions
- Final remarks
(1) Persons who wish to speak will be required to complete a comment card and are encouraged to arrive early. It is anticipated that speakers will be provided up to three (3) minutes; this time allotment may be adjusted depending on the turnout.
(2) Background on the proposed transaction is available on the Attorney General's website at michigan.gov/portage. A transcript of this forum will be posted on the Attorney General's website.
Download the Attorney General’s announcement in PDF format.