Language is our most human characteristic. Communication disorders can affect anyone.
Our speech therapists use computer technology, voice or language exercises and other training tools to help people develop effective communication and cognitive skills.
Typical Communication Disorders Include:
- Articulation Disorders
- Language Disorders
- Accent Modification
- Aphasia—a language disorder caused by stroke, drug use, brain injury or illness
- Voice Disorders
- Pragmatic Language Disorders
- Cognitive Communication Disorders—as a result of progressive neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, dementia, ect.
What do we offer?
We offer specialized treatment for speech, language, cognitive, voice and swallowing disorders.
Treatment is available for:
- Motor speech treatment for Dysarthria, Apraxia of speech and Stuttering
- Management with Dysphagia
- Articulation & Phonological Remediation
- Expressive & Receptive Language Treatment
- Cognitive-linguistic treatment for Dementia, TBI, and Concussions
- Feeding & Swallowing
- Voice & Resonance Treatment
- Social & Pragmatic Language Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Augmentative devises, computer assisted therapy, & caregiver training
For more information about our Pediatric Speech Therapy services, please call our Houghton Clinic at 906.483.1888 and for Adult Speech Therapy please contact our Hancock Clinic at 906.483.1750.
- Our Doctors
- Cancer Care
- Dialysis Center
- Emergency Services
- Express Care
- Fitness Center
- Home Care
- Rehab & Sports Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Women's Health
- Wound Care
- X-ray & Diagnostics
- All Services