Ronald Ronquist, MD


Phone: (906) 483-1040

Medical School:
University of Michigan

Orthopedic Surgery, McLaren Regional Medical Center

Board Certification:
Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ronquist completed his medical degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the McLaren Regional Medical Center in Flint, MI.

Dr. Ronquist is an honorable veteran of the U.S. Navy, having served at Bremerton Naval Hospital in Bremerton, WA and Okinawa Naval Hospital in Okinawa, Japan. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of the Michigan Orthopaedic Society and Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Ronquist specializes in joint replacement surgery and orthopaedic trauma surgery.

Dr. Ronquist was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and looks forward to riding “every mountain bike trail in the Western UP.” Dr. Ronquist leads an active lifestyle including mountain biking, road biking, skate skiing, back country skiing, kayaking, and curling. He is joined in the Keweenaw by his wife Maureen, a nurse. Together they have three grown children.

Please join us in welcoming Dr. Ronquist and his family to UP Health System – Portage and to the Upper Peninsula. 

Michigan Orthopaedic Society

American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons

Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.

If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.