Health and Safety Fair
When: Saturday, June 1 • 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Where: UP Health System - Portage
This event delivers something for everyone and is absolutely FREE! The fair includes screenings (total cholesterol, blood glucose, hemoglobin, vision, body fat percentage and waist circumference), tons of giveaways, massages, healthy food samples and opportunities to meet and talk with UP Health System staff, including physicians.
There will be several activities for youth, including a Strider bike course, helmet fittings (free helmets will be given away), and tours of fire trucks, ambulances and new for 2019: a Medical Helicopter.
The event also features the Car Seat Clinic, where technicians will ensure car seats are installed properly and fit correctly for your child.
Registration is not needed, simply stop by on June 1 any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. We hope to see you there!
The Annual Health and Safety Fair includes:
- Tons of activities for kids and families, hands-on/interactive learning
- Screenings - Total cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Vision, Hemoglobin, Body Fat Percentage, Waist Circumference*
- Free Physical and Occupational Therapy consults
- Car Seat Clinic – opportunity to make sure car seats are installed correctly. Car seats will be available for purchase through the KARS program
- Strider bike course for kids, plus a chance to win a Strider bike
- Mobile Blood Drive
- Free youth bike helmets and proper fittings
- Helpful Info for new moms
- Puppet show for kids
- Boo Boo casting clinic – bring in a stuffed animal to get a cast
- Decorate a planter and plant a seed station
- Chance to check out ambulances, fire trucks, police cars NEW for 2019: a Medical Helicopter
- Healthy Food samples
- Many community organizations, such as Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center, Valley Med Flight, Michigan Technological University, and BHK will also be present to share information on programs and services for you!
*Some screenings may be limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis.
For more info call 906.483.1153