Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Fitness Classes and Events
UP Health System - Portage sponsors several fitness events in the community. Sometimes choosing to participate in an event doubles as a healthy goal. Check back often to see what events are coming up next!
Annual Fitness Events
Registration for Fitness Classes
For more information or to register, please call (906) 483-1149. Classes can be booked on your mobile device (iPhone, Android) by downloading the Free MemberMe+ app. Add Portage Fitness Center as your “Home Club”. Classes can be booked if you have a valid class punch card, which can be purchased at the Fitness Center.
Classes can also be booked online by clicking on the banner below and registering for an account. Classes can be booked whether you have a valid class punch card or not.
Cost for all classes
Per session: $6 (non-members); $4 (members)
Fitness Classes 16-session punchcard: $72 (non-members); $48 (members)
Indoor Cycling 16-session punchcard: $88 (non-members; $56 (members)
$360 Annually ($30/month)
$600 Annual membership & unlimited classes ($50/month)
- Cycle Flex: Class begins with a power ride on the spin bike. After cycling, you climb off the bike and head to the floor for strength training intervals using a variety of equipment. Class fun will vary!
- Core Cycle: Same great cardio workout as indoor cycling followed by a challenging 15 minute core session.
- Core Mix: An excellent full-body, functional fitness workout focused on strengthening the abdominals and toning the core.
- FUNctional Fitness: Enjoy fitness and friends for this fun, socially interactive class designed to maintain and improve a daily active lifestyle for all activity levels. Beginners are encouraged to attend.
- Fusion: Fusing two or more types of exercises together to make you work twice as hard. The combination of different moves means you get double the benefits. Expect a variety each week, from spin to TRX and much more!
- Gluteus MAXout: Calorie scorching, strength-building workout focusing on building strong legs and glutes with total body worked into each class.
- HIGH Fitness: HIGH Fitness is a hardcore, fun, and easy to follow fitness class. It's best described as aerobic interval training with intense cardio peaks and toning tracks set to music you know and love. It's a great workout for all ages, stages, and fitness levels.
- HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training is a vigorous exercise mixed with low-to-moderate recovery time for an effective way to push your fitness to the next level.
- Indoor Cycling: This class is an amazing cardio challenge made up of varying speeds and resistance levels, hill climbs, flat runs, and more. Music will keep you on the proper pace while keeping you thoroughly motivated. Let the instructor guide you through a ride that you can tailor to fit your fitness levels and goals. This class is great for all fitness levels because participants set their own resistance levels.
- Power Circuit: Join us for this total-body challenge designed to target strength building and muscular endurance through various stations.
- Small Group Training (SGT): Join one of our certified personal trainers for a 6-week small group training session. SGT allows for more personal attention and variety, allowing you to focus on your goals. This is a more cost-effective way for individuals to experience the benefits of working with a personal trainer. This small group setting will be encouraging, supportive and fun.
- Stretch Release: This class primarily uses foam rollers to release tension from your trigger points and enables your muscles to stretch more easily. Foam rolling can help increase muscle flexibility and reduce pain.
- Total Body Conditioning: This strength-based class targets all of your major muscle groups using strength supersets followed by a power exercise. You'll walk out of the room feeling strong. With fun music and high-energy, you can condition, strengthen, and tone some of the biggest muscle groups. All levels of participants are welcome.
- Upper Body RX: In this class, you will lift, push, and pull your way to strong, toned muscles from the hips up. Increase your muscular strength, endurance, range of motion, and lean muscle mass. Upper Body RX focuses on the arms, chest, back, and core. Moves can be modified, and all fitness levels are welcome.
- Yoga: Challenge your body and improve overall fitness. This yoga class blends power and balance to increase strength and flexibility.