Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Fitness Classes and Events
The UPHS - Portage Fitness Center is open for fitness classes and personal training sessions!
UP Health System - Portage sponsors several fitness events in the community. Sometimes choosing to participate in an event doubles as a healthy goal. Check back often to see what events are coming up next!
- All classes will be held at the Portage Fitness Center unless otherwise noted.
- Social distancing practices will be in place as well as strict cleaning requirements.
- Locker rooms will be open, including showers, and towel service will be available.
- Saunas, water fountains, and the coffee bar will be closed.
- Please use the back entrance to enter and exit the Fitness Center for Group Exercise Classes and Personal Training Sessions.
- Space is limited to 10 participants. Be sure to sign up on the MemberMe+ app or call us at 906.483.1149.
Annual Fitness Events
Registration for Fitness Classes
For more information or to register, please call (906) 483-1149. Classes can be booked on your mobile device (iPhone, Android) by downloading the Free MemberMe+ app. Add Portage Fitness Center as your “Home Club”. Classes can be booked if you have a valid class punch card, which can be purchased at the Fitness Center.
Classes can also be booked online by clicking on the banner below and registering for an account. Classes can be booked whether you have a valid class punch card or not.
Cost for all classes
Per session: $6 (non-members); $4 (members)
Fitness Classes 16-session punchcard: $72 (non-members); $48 (members)
Indoor Cycling 16-session punchcard: $88 (non-members; $56 (members)
$360 Annually ($30/month)
$600 Annual membership & unlimited classes ($50/month)
- Body Awake: Kick off the summer after quarantine by gaining strength and burning calories using various equipment outdoors to make for a fun and efficient workout. Lets beat the heat and get moving!
- Cycle Flex: Class begins with a power ride on the spin bike. After cycling, you climb off the bike and head to the floor for strength training intervals using a variety of equipment. Class fun will vary!
- Core Mix: An excellent full-body, functional fitness workout focused on strengthening the abdominals and toning the core.
- FUNctional Fitness: Enjoy fitness and friends for this fun, socially interactive class designed to maintain and improve a daily active lifestyle for all activity levels. Beginners are encouraged to attend.
- Gluteus MAXout: Calorie scorching, strength-building workout focusing on building strong legs and glutes with total body worked into each class.
- GRIT: This class is designed to help shed that excess fat while building strength and endurance. This class includes circuit training, cardio exercise, bodyweight exercises, and finishes with core training and stretching for a complete workout. All levels welcome.
- HIGH Fitness: HIGH Fitness is a hardcore, fun, and easy to follow fitness class. It's best described as aerobic interval training with intense cardio peaks and toning tracks set to music you know and love. It's a great workout for all ages, stages, and fitness levels.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training is a vigorous exercise mixed with low-to-moderate recovery time for an effective way to push your fitness to the next level.
- Indoor Cycling: This class is an amazing cardio challenge made up of varying speeds and resistance levels, hill climbs, flat runs, and more. Music will keep you on the proper pace while keeping you thoroughly motivated. Let the instructor guide you through a ride that you can tailor to fit your fitness levels and goals. This class is great for all fitness levels because participants set their own resistance levels.
- Total Body Conditioning: This strength-based class targets all of your major muscle groups using strength supersets followed by a power exercise. You'll walk out of the room feeling strong. With fun music and high-energy, you can condition, strengthen, and tone some of the biggest muscle groups. All levels of participants are welcome.
- Yoga: Challenge your body and improve overall fitness. This yoga class blends power and balance to increase strength and flexibility.