Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Fitness Classes and Events
The UPHS - Portage Fitness Center is open for personal training sessions! Group fitness classes are offered in-person and virtually.
- Virtual Classes: Virtual classes are held in the comfort of your own home via Zoom. Simply register for a Fitness Class and an email with the Zoom link will be sent to you. If you have any issues signing up or accessing our virtual classes, please do not hesitate to call us at 906.483.1149 or 906.483.1153.
- In-Person Classes: We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines to help us ensure the safety of our members and staff.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants with 6 feet of social distancing between participants.
- Do not come to the Fitness Center if you are not feeling well or are having any symptoms of illness.
- Fitness participants will use the back entrance to enter and exit the facility.
- Masks are required, as tolerated.
- We ask that you hand sanitize upon arrival.
- Water fountains are closed. We encourage you to bring your own water. The self-service coffee bar is also closed.
- Towels will be available upon request from staff.
- We will not be operating fans during this time.
Registration for Fitness Classes
For more information or to register, please call (906) 483-1149. Classes can be booked on your mobile device (iPhone, Android) by downloading the Free MemberMe+ app. Add Portage Fitness Center as your “Home Club”. Classes can be booked if you have a valid class punch card, which can be purchased at the Fitness Center.
Classes can also be booked online by clicking on the banner below and registering for an account. Classes can be booked whether you have a valid class punch card or not.
Cost for all classes
Per session: $6 (non-members); $4 (members)
Fitness Classes 16-session punchcard: $72 (non-members); $48 (members)
Indoor Cycling 16-session punchcard: $88 (non-members; $56 (members)
$360 Annually ($30/month)
$600 Annual membership & unlimited classes ($50/month)
- Cycle Flex: Class begins with a power ride on the spin bike. After cycling, you climb off the bike and head to the floor for strength training intervals using a variety of equipment. Class fun will vary!
- Core Cycle: Same great cardio workout as indoor cycling followed by a challenging 15-minute core session.
- Core Mix: An excellent full-body, functional fitness workout focused on strengthening the abdominals and toning the core.
- Fit for Life: This class is a total body workout that is designed for people of all ages; includes both a strength and cardio component. Get ready to have fun, challenge yourself, and become more confident!
- FUNctional Fitness: Enjoy fitness and friends for this fun, socially interactive class designed to maintain and improve a daily active lifestyle for all activity levels. Beginners are encouraged to attend.
- GRIT: This class is designed to help shed that excess fat while building strength and endurance. This class includes circuit training, cardio exercise, bodyweight exercises, and finishes with core training and stretching for a complete workout. All levels welcome.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training is a vigorous exercise mixed with low-to-moderate recovery time for an effective way to push your fitness to the next level.
- Indoor Cycling: This class is an amazing cardio challenge made up of varying speeds and resistance levels, hill climbs, flat runs, and more. Music will keep you on the proper pace while keeping you thoroughly motivated. Let the instructor guide you through a ride that you can tailor to fit your fitness levels and goals. This class is great for all fitness levels because participants set their own resistance levels.
- Power Circuit: Burn calories while you develop muscular strength and endurance as you transition through the various fundamental and foundational movements of strength training.
- Stretch Release: This class gives your muscles the ability to lengthen and restore using stretching straps and foam rollers. Stretch Release is designed to increase flexibility and range of motion.
- Total Body Conditioning: This strength-based class targets all of your major muscle groups using strength supersets followed by a power exercise. You'll walk out of the room feeling strong. With fun music and high-energy, you can condition, strengthen, and tone some of the biggest muscle groups. All levels of participants are welcome.
- Yoga: Challenge your body and improve overall fitness. This yoga class blends power and balance to increase strength and flexibility.
- Quincy Green Cardio Mix - This invigorating, outdoor class combines various types of cardio conditioning and strength training for a heart-pumping, total body workout.
- Yoga in the Park - Warm weather signals it's time to head outside. Connect with yourself, your community, and nature in this class designed to leave you feeling welcomed, supported, and just the right amount of challenged. All levels are welcome with modifications provided to those who need them. Please bring your own mat and props if you have them.
- Canal Run 2 mile Walk Challenge - Always wanted to do the Canal Run? Now's your chance to train for the 2-mile fun walk/run! Start this outdoor season by challenging yourself to a new fitness goal. Programs available for both walk and walk/run finishes. We'll meet twice a week for motivational walk/run sessions, giving you confidence and drive to train the rest of the week on your own.
- Morning Movement - Looking to get an extra boost in the morning? Start your day right with Morning Movement. This will be a total body workout using bodyweight and various pieces of equipment. All fitness levels are welcome! This class will take place outdoors as weather permits
- Power Hour – A strength and tone class that will build muscle focusing on high repetition using dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, TRX and body weight to sculpt arms, back, legs and glutes. Class will finish with an intensive core session.
- Bootcamp: Your cardiovascular and muscular fitness will be developed and challenged in this class which incorporates bursts of intense activity with intervals of lighter activity. Exercises and equipment will vary to always keep the body guessing.
- Phase III – designed to introduce new members to our facility. Participants will become comfortable and familiar with the equipment and incorporating new means of exercise such as strength training, machines and free weights. For those that are interested, we monitor oxygen levels, heart rate and blood pressure before and after class.
Annual Fitness Events
UP Health System - Portage sponsors several fitness events in the community. Sometimes choosing to participate in an event doubles as a healthy goal. Check back often to see what events are coming up next!