X-ray & Diagnostics
The Radiology Department provides one of the most important services at UP Health System - Portage: medical imaging and radiology services.
We offer a complete range of procedures to help your physician diagnose medical problems and start you on your road to recovery.
We operate a completely digital department
- Faster, more efficient service
- More precise reports
- Most reports to your doctor’s office within 24 hours
We use state-of-the-art equipment
- Digital X-ray
- Open bore MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- 64-slice CT scanning
- Digital mammography
- Nuclear medicine
- 3D ultrasound
We offer 24-hour staffing for X-rays and Computerized Tomography (CT)
We work with 4 radiologists to read your exams and provide a range of interventional procedures, including:
- Needle biopsies of the breast, liver, lung, bone, thyroid and prostate
- Pain management
- Epidural steroid injections for back pain
- Joint injections
- PICC lines (Long-term IV access for medications)
- Fluid aspirations
For more information about our Radiology Department, please call 906.483.1410 or 800.573.5001 (toll-free).