Health and Safety Fair
When: Saturday, June 3 • 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Where: UP Health System - Portage
This event delivers something for everyone and is absolutely FREE! The fair includes screenings (total cholesterol, blood glucose, hemoglobin and more), tons of giveaways, chair massages, healthy food samples and opportunities to meet and talk with UP Health System staff, including physicians.
There will be several activities for youth, including a Strider bike course, helmet fittings (100 free helmets will be given away) and tours of fire trucks, ambulances and more.
The event also features the Car Seat Clinic, where technicians will ensure car seats are installed properly and fit correctly for your child. Prizes will be given away as well.
Registration is not needed, simply stop by on June 3 any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. We hope to see you there!
The Annual Health and Safety Fair includes:
- Full lipid profiles by appointment (total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides, blood glucose). Please call 483-1153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment
- Several physicians will be available for you to ask questions about your health
- Tons of activities for kids and families, hands-on/interactive learning
- Free Physical and Occupational Therapy consults
- Car Seat Clinic – opportunity to make sure car seats are installed correctly. Car seats will be available for purchase through the KARS program
- Meet and talk with UP Health System staff
- Strider bike course for kids, plus a chance to win two Strider bike
- 100 free youth bike helmets and proper fittings
- Healthy Food samples
- Chance to check out ambulances, fire trucks and police cars
- Boo Boo casting clinic – bring in a stuffed animal to get casted
- Puppet show for kids
- Appearance by Blizzard T. Husky
- Many community organizations, such as Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center, Valley Med Flight, UP Kids, and the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department will also be present to share information on programs and services for you!
For more info call 906.483.1153
- Find a Doctor
- Cancer Care
- Dialysis Center
- Emergency & Trauma
- Express Care
- Family Birthing Center
- Fitness Center
- Rehab & Sports Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Women's Health
- Wound Care
- X-ray & Diagnostics
- All Services