"It is a wonderful opportunity to care for women during pregnancy, childbirth, and to provide gynecologic care throughout their lives."
Being a native of the Keweenaw, Emily Kenny, MD is proud to provide healthcare to her hometown community. Dr. Kenny offers a full range of Obstetric & Gynecologic medical and surgical services including pregnancy, childbirth, annual exams, fertility, family planning, menopause, in-office minimally invasive procedures, complex surgical procedures and much more. Dr. Kenny is excited to join the Portage Health Women's Health Program.
Honors and Awards
- Ambulatory Physician Award, Maine Medical Center
- Resident Education and Didactics Coordinator, Maine Medical Center Dept of OB/GYN
- Chief Resident, Maine Medical Center Dept of OB/GYN
- Tufts University Medical Student Teaching Award
- Gold Humanism Award in Medicine Recipient
Research, Presentations, and Publications
- Grand Rounds, Maine Medical Center. Updates on Cervical Cancer Screening.
- Grand Rounds, Maine Medica Center. Technology Tools for the OB Clinician.
- Resident Research Project: Glucose intolerance in pregnancy and affect on mode of delivery.
- Resident Quality Assessment/Quality Initiative Project: Counseling on Weight gain in Pregnancy.
- "Case Report: A twin pregnancy in a didelphid uterus." Poster Presentation, Michigan Family Practice Research Day.