“Working with the excellent orthopaedic surgeons and family-medicine providers at Portage Health to provide excellent rehabilitation services to our community is something I’m really looking forward to. I’m excited to be immersing myself back into this great community.”
Mark Kargela was born and raised in Calumet and now returns to the area from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
He has extensive experience in spinal rehabilitation, sports physical therapy, and chronic pain. He has attained the highest degree of clinical specialization in orthopedic manual physical therapy as he has recently finished a fellowship. Mark also has several other credentials in spinal treatment and general orthopedics and prides himself on being evidence-based and patient-centered with all of his treatments, striving to get each patient to the point where they can independently manage their musculoskeletal pain conditions.
Mark sees patients at our Hancock location.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
- Manual Therapy Certification
- APTA Certified Clinical Instructor
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) - American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA)