Once your provider has discharged you, check-out time is at or before 11:00 am for most areas of the hospital. Please arrange for transportation on the day of your discharge. If you are to be discharged to another facility, we will assist with appropriate transportation arrangements.
Balances of co-payments, co-insurance deductibles and non-covered services are due on or before discharge from Portage Health. Portage staff will be available to assist you when you are discharged. If you are admitted to the hospital, you may request a representative from billing services to visit you or your authorized representative during your hospital stay.
The following are some key points to review regarding your admission or service:
- If you have insurance coverage, you will be responsible for any co-pay, co-insurance, deductible or payment for any service not fully covered by insurance.
- Billing services will submit your insurance claim if accurate, timely insurance information is received. If your insurance denies or does not pay in full, you or your authorized representative will be responsible for the balance due.
- After you are discharged, statements or letters will be mailed to you to advise you of the status of your account.
- If you are not covered by insurance, you will be asked to pay all or a portion of your account balance.
- If you are not able to make your payment before your discharge date, please contact the billing department at (906) 483-1100 or (800) 573-5001 (toll-free).
Click here to view frequently asked questions regarding billing information.
The Apothecary outpatient pharmacy is located in the main lobby of the main campus and also in the University Center first floor in Houghton. As a convenience, patients may have their post-hospital prescriptions filled at time of discharge. Refills for prescriptions filled at this pharmacy may be ordered by telephone.
Hancock Apothecary: (906) 483-1919
Houghton Apothecary: (906) 483-1818
For Patients & Visitors
- About Us
- Appointments & Admissions
- Billing & Insurance
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Gift Shop
- Information for Visitors
- Medical Records
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Notice of Privacy Practice
- Patient Portal
- Sponsorship Request
- Thank Your Doc
- Visiting Hours
- Wireless Internet