Staying Healthy in College
“A pinch of advanced planning, a dash of common sense and a sprinkling of professional help when needed is a recipe for better health. It’s all up to you.”
Is staying healthy your goal?
Did you know that the common bugs that cause viruses can be avoided? These bugs cause symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, clogged ears, runny nose, sinus congestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Avoid the bugs and stay healthy!
- Wash hands frequently using soap, water and friction, especially after tending to personal needs and direct contact with people who have a bug.
- Waterless hand soaps and instant hand sanitizers are effective in reducing disease transmission.
- Avoid sharing drinks, foods and eating utensils with others.
- Avoid sharing bath towels.
- Launder and change bed linens regularly.
Maintenance of a Healthy Immune System
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Trade junk food for fruit.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get adequate rest.
- Participate in some type of exercise program.
Also See ...