||Portage Health Staff Accountant Laurie Dube welcomes people to the 2010 Health and Safety Fair. More than 500 people attended the fair in 2010, and organizers hope to see that number grow higher for 2011 as dozens of activities will be hosted on Portage Health’s campus including free health screenings, a car seat clinic and a drawing to win an iPad 2.
HANCOCK – The anticipation is growing
and so is the list of activities available at the third annual Health
and Safety Fair, which will be hosted by Portage Health at the main
campus in Hancock on June 4.
“This event grew in popularity last
year and this year we’ve made the list of activities even bigger,” said
Angela Luskin, community health coordinator. “We have a great bunch of
free health screenings, the popular car seat clinic, a bike and kayak
safety demonstration, and much more.”
More than 500 people attended last year’s event.
will be taking place throughout the entire Portage Health Hancock
campus where families are invited to participate. Entry is free and so
are all of the activities, which include:
- Free Health Screenings: Total Cholesterol, Blood Glucose, Blood
Pressure, Bone Density, Urine Screening for Protein, Body Mass Index,
Waist Circumference, Hearing, Oximetry and Heart Rate
- Car Seat Clinic
- Bike & Kayak Demonstration
- A Raffle For a Chance to Win an iPad 2
- Injury Prevention with the Eggmobile
- Ask the Pharmacist & Meet Healthcare Staff
- Expired Medication Drop Off
- Organ Donor Registry
- Learn Hand-Only CPR
- Swimsuit Sale from “U.P. Bra’s That Fit”
- More to be announced soon! Check http://www.portagehealth.org/fair for a full list!